SunFish HR is developed under the SunFish application platform. The SunFish application platform is specifically designed to support advanced business application requirements in a purely web or browser based environment. For more detail about the SunFish application platform.
The web based application environment of SunFish HR and the advanced features of the SunFish application platform provide a variety of benefits, including:
Low total cost of ownership
The SunFish HR application is hosted on standard servers running your choice of operating systems. SunFish HR is fully cluster ready, so your organization has the flexibility to use several low cost servers and easily grow the capacity over time without replacing old equipment. Additionally, support and network infrastructure requirements are kept low as the application is delivered entirely through a web browser over an standard TCP/IP network or the Internet. No application software is installed on local users computers, so your IT department will not need to worry about constantly upgrading individual computers or reinstalling problem versions of the software.
Flexible, extensible software
Over time the needs of your organization will change. Although DataOn offers upgrades and comprehensive maintenance, SunFish HR includes a complete application development environment and flexible configuration options for all features. Regardless what your organizational requirements are in the future, SunFish provides the technology to adapt as your organization develops.
Additionally, SunFish products provide a variety of other technical features to support ease of use, low cost of ownership and the flexibility to meet current and future requirements:
- Online Help that you can easily edit and complement with specific information to help your users
- Multilanguage support for a variety of standard languages and the ability to easily add new languages
- Integration to multiple analysis tools so users can easily use the integrated analysis and report functionality, export data to MS ExcelTM, or interface to a variety of other reporting tools.
- Customizable application templates to allow personalized look and feel of the application
- A variety of integration tools including an integration SDK to allow interfaces between SunFish HR and legacy applications
- Support for security standards such as 40 and 128 bit encryption, single sign-on, VPN, etc.
- Platform independence, allowing an extensive choice of Windows, Unix and Linux operating environment as well as combinations of different operating systems
- Scalable cluster architecture allowing automatic failover and load balancing across multiple servers of different configurations
- Database management utilities allowing the IT department to perform back-up's and archives without interfacing directly with the database management system.
- Support for XML, API and xDBC application integration
- Complete user security login and audit tools